Monday, November 11, 2013

The Tale of the Ratchet Roommate♥

Happiness is a form of courage..Well, where to begin...what a crazy month it's been. Since I have readers of various ages, I will start by saying that it feels amazing to know so many of you enjoyed my 30-Day Blog Challenge about the single life...and if you were wondering why I only did 28 out of 30, I didn't feel as though the last two blog prompts were worth it and/or I didn't want to go public with my thoughts on those topics.

Anyway, for those of you who read the title and thought: "what does the word ratchet mean?" Well, good question. It's an urban word basically describing a basic female who truly is not clean or thinks she's hot shit when in fact, she just smells like it. That's my definition. Yet, Urban Dictionary defines it as the following:

A diva, mostly from urban cities and ghettos, that has reason to believe she is every mans eye candy. Unfortunately, she's wrong.

That's pretty accurate, I'd say. If you've been reading my blogs from the past month, you already know that basically since this girl had moved in, I did not like her. The first day she moved in, I was very creeped out that of all the girls that go to Saint Leo, she ended up as my new roommate. As you remember, even before I moved into Saint Leo, I was faced with roommate drama caused by an RA so I just tried to get away from the drama queens and do my own thing because I just really want to graduate from college with a decent GPA. Anyway, even before this girl moved in, I was seeing her a lot around campus and every time I did, I would walk past her and she would stare at me the entire time as if she was sizing me up. It made me really uncomfortable. I figured maybe she was gay. You never know anymore and I don't judge. Yet, the uneasiness didn't leave my memory so when she moved in, it was as if that uneasiness got way too comfortable way too quickly. Plus, the first day she moved in, she told me she had a fear of dogs and that she didn't like them. As a huge dog lover, I was automatically suspicious. I mean, how can you not like dogs? I understand if someone is allergic but this girl straight up didn't like them. Sign #1.

After this girl officially moved in, she tried putting throw pillows in the living room and posters on the wall. Not to mention, her bathroom habits automatically made me gag. She left hair in the shower and all over her bathroom sink, period blood in the shower and on the shower rug (hers not mine but still) and period blood on the toilet seat. Most times when I would go to the bathroom she would have left pee on the seat. 

I was willing to live with these things as long as she was cool with cleaning up after herself at least a little.
I confronted her and found out she actually owned cleaning supplies which she claimed she had never used. Sign #2.

Then, came the first issue Anet and I had with her. She had friends staying over who lived on campus and they would stay up late being super loud, banging on walls, and slamming her room door and the apartment front door. Anet has practice at 5 and 6 a.m. most mornings for cross country and I get up for work at the library three mornings a week to open the library at 7:45. This was not cool. Plus, they were taking showers in my shower without my permission and they left a mess.

So, I confronted Ms. Ratchet about it. And she talked to me in such a condescending tone and acted as if she was innocent that I was this close [ ] to punching her in the gosh darn ratchet face. I literally was shaking so bad from being so angry that I went to room and punched my bed until I felt better. One of my pet peeves is when people can't take responsibility for their mistakes and also when people talk to me like I'm naive. My naivete is my, and only my business, thank you. After this, I also sent Sean Vanguilder from Saint Leo Residence Life an email asking to basically have her removed from my room. Instead of helping me, he handed this email and issue down to KJ and she just called us all in for a roommate conflict. This wasn't a roommate conflict. It was just a matter of two girls being inconvenienced by a new roommate they didn't ask for.

After this, Ms. Ratchet got mad. She didn't speak to Anet or myself for a whole week. That was a really good week because I didn't give a damn that she wasn't speaking to me. I was too busy working on my ten page marketing analysis, which I ended up getting a 95% on. See what happens when me and Ms. Ratchet don't speak. haha.

Because Mike was there on October 10, Ms. Ratchet decided to break the silence between us. Because I'm too nice, I was fine with it. Then, out of nowhere, because we had reported her to Res Life, she threatened me and Anet. She said, If you and Anet ever cross me again, you'll live to regret it. I just brushed it off as just words. And I also didn't tell anyone what she said. Yet, she started slamming her room door after that weekend every time she went in and out of her room. It would wake me up when I was sleeping and even Anet heard it. Anet was more bothered by her than me at this point. I was just trying to stay focused and drama-free.

Yet, I went home last weekend and was sitting watching tv with my family trying to get a nice buzz on. And I had texted Anet about putting up a picture of her Halloween costume on Facebook and she texted back telling me Ms. Ratchet had all her friends over again and they were being super loud. That was it. I was done. You only get three strikes with me when I don't really know you. And especially when I told her to her face what I wanted from her, and she just kept doing whatever she wanted anyway. It was time to report her for threatening me. 

Monday afternoon, my dad, myself, and Anet all marched into Residence Life and they sent us to talk to KJ. My dad asked for no contact between Ms. Ratchet and myself but they refused to move her out. They needed more evidence they said. Oh ok, if they wanted more evidence, they were going to get it. I'm used to documenting things for my blogs so I just started taking pictures of her mess in the bathroom. They told me to call Campus Safety but how do you call Campus Safety on someone for slamming their door. So, I just had to lock myself in my room and ask for God to shield me with protection until something was done regarding this very dramatic situation.

I wasn't eating well or sleeping well. I was worried for my life. I mean, this girl was all nicey-nice to my face but her actions told another story and one thing I can't stand is fake people. So Tuesday night, I decided I was moving out Wednesday morning after my shift at work. Yet, Ms. Ratchet didn't know this. Tuesday morning she had taken a shower and I thought it was really strange she actually closed the shower curtain. Yet, I went to take a shower Tuesday night after taking down all my wall decor and this is what I found:
 BLOODY underwear left in the shower! Like are you trying to die?!

I emailed Residence Life and let them know all she'd been doing, all the core values she wasn't following, even talked to my RA and I got no help. They didn't see the forest for the trees. Apparently a fifth year senior is supposed to just be bullied in a room where she also pays rent by some unclean, ratchet bitch. 
Hell to the no!

They wanted me to come in Wednesday and I did and the only thing they said to me about everything was: "We didn't see it as an immediate threat so we saw no grounds to remove her." So, she's allowed to slam the door and cause damage and leave a ratchet mess in the bathroom and go unscathed and the only choice they allowed me was moving. So, I didn't even hesitate. Anet had said she was going to Residence Life to fight for me to stay and for Ms. Ratchet to go but instead when I got back from work, Anet was cleaning and claimed she had to go to class even though the night before she said her class was canceled. When I came back from Res Life and told her I moved out, she started yelling at me. I realized what God did. He removed me from a very mentally unstable room.

While I was at work, I was reading my Bible to get spiritually ready to confront the people in Residence Life and this was the Psalm I was supposed to read for the day:
God, put an end to evil;
avenging God, show your colors!
Judge of the earth, take your stand;
throw the book at the arrogant.

God, the wicked get away with murder-
how long will you let this go on?
They brag and boast
and crow about their crimes!

They walk all over people, God,
exploit and abuse your precious people. 
They take out anyone who gets in their way;
if they can't use them, they kill them.
They think, "God isn't looking, Jacob's God is out to lunch."

Well, think again, you idiots, 
fools- how long before you get smart?
Do you think Ear-Maker doesn't hear,
Eye-Shaper doesn't see?
Do you think the trainer of nations doesn't correct,
the teacher of Adam doesn't know?
God knows, all right-
knows your stupidity, 
sees your shallowness.

How blessed the man you train, God, 
the woman you instruct in your Word,
Providing a circle of quiet within the clamor of evil, while a jail is being built for the wicked.
God will never walk away from his people,
never desert his precious people.
Rest assured that justice is on its way
and every good heart put right.

Who stood up for me against the wicked?
Who took my side against evil workers?
If God hasn't been there for me, I never would have made it.
The minute I said, "I'm slipping, I'm falling,"
your love, God, took hold and held me fast.
When I was upset and beside myself, 
you calmed me down and cheered me up.

Can Misrule have anything in common with you?
Can Troublemaker pretend to be on your side?
They ganged up on good people,
plotted behind the backs of the innocent.
But God became my hideout,
God was my high mountain retreat,
Then boomeranged their evil back on them:
for their evil ways he wiped them out,
our God cleaned them out for good.
-Psalm 94
I knew after reading this that God was on my side (not that I doubted otherwise) but I knew he was avenging me and asking me to move and let him take care of the rest. Now, I live right next to the laundry room, and I'm near the elevator and stairs so in case of any emergency, I can make a quick getaway. haha. One of my friends who is also friendly with her told me Ms. Ratchet had been complaining for about two weeks saying she couldn't stand living with me, as if I was the obnoxious, messy one. Ha! Glad to know she couldn't handle being in my presence.

Now, my two new roommates are super chill, quiet, and considerate. Nobody slams their room door and wakes me up. Nobody even bothers me. And there is no sign of ratchet, bloody underwear left anywhere around the apartment. So I'm really happy because I'm way too close to the finish line to quit now. Not one ratchet roommate is going to break my strength or take me off my game. 

Anyway, Wednesday I moved mostly by myself because most of my friends had plenty of excuses as to why they couldn't help. Yet, my good friend Janette helped me and having her there made all the difference because I can get overwhelmed when I move my stuff since I have more than I realize yet, Janette did what my mom usually helps me do and condensed things so it took less trips for us to move everything. She also carried my heavy movie basket all by herself without me asking her to. She's got muscles! I felt very loved and greatly appreciated her help. She was supposed to be my roommate this year anyway and now you all can see why, she's the best I've ever had.♥

I was behind with all my homework but thankfully once I could eat properly and sleep soundly, it wasn't as bad as I thought.

I learned a lot about myself through this whole experience and definitely felt like a mature adult on Wednesday, which happened to be my sister Jayde's 18th birthday! Omg. I'm so old. haha.

On the way back from Family Dollar with Janette, I said to her: I kinda feel like it's my 18th birthday today.
She laughed and said, "Hey now, don't steal the spotlight from your sister." Priceless moments in life are worth writing about as well as the trying ones.♥ My cuddly friends all safe and sound in my new room. The cow in the middle is named Toppy after guess who? :)
This weekend I needed some friend therapy so I went to my best friend Sarah's house. We started out the day browsing the shops at the Grove and then we went to the movies and saw Free Birds. It was very cute and funny. I enjoyed it!
When we got back, we sipped mimosas while watching Toppy Nikci videos on Sarah's Google tv:

 I just had to show everyone who was on tv. :) You're famous, Tom!

 I heart Mimosas. lol.

Then, Sarah's mom made us BBQ ribs, cornmeal fries, and green beans while we watched The Heat.
I was talking with Sarah's mom about the movie and she said one of her film friends didn't like this movie and I was like, "But how can you not like Melissa McCarthy? That's like not liking Jesus."♥ These are the things I say with a little buzz. I know, I'm a genius. 

We then played Boxers or Briefs and learned a lot of new things about each other and then watched Miley Cyrus on SNL (which I hadn't seen yet) and we both enjoyed.

Sunday morning, Sarah made me pancakes for breakfast. And then we did each other's make-up. Here's a slideshow of how pretty we both looked:





And here is an up-close and personal of my make-up:

Here's a short VLOG I shot at Sarah's: Toppy Nikci obsessed :))))

Before I go, I want to show you what I found in the book of Ezekiel on Saturday during my morning Bible study.

God's message came to me: "Son of man, you're living with a bunch of rebellious people. They have eyes but don't see a thing, they have ears but don't hear a thing. They're rebels all. So, son of man, pack up your exile duffel bags. Leave in broad daylight with everyone watching and go off, as if into exile. Maybe then they'll understand what's going on, rebels though they are.  You'll take up your baggage while they watch, a bundle of bare necessities of someone going into exile, and toward evening leave, just like a person going off into exile. As they watch, dig through the wall of the house and carry your bundle through it. In full sight of the people, put the bundle on your shoulder and walk out into the night. Cover your face so you won't have to look at what you'll never see again. I'm using you as a sign for the family of Israel." -Ezekiel 12:1-6

I'm going to rescue my people from your clutches. And you'll realize that I am God. -Ezekiel 13:23

I just thought it was interesting that I'm not the first God asked to move without hesitation. It made me feel even more so that I did the right thing and so far these past five days have been beautiful in terms of living in this apartment. It's nice not hearing doors slamming and people yelling. I don't normally air people's dirty laundry in such a public way but I feel that maybe someone will read this and relate to it or learn something from it so that is the sole reason I put so much detail in this although I left the name of the guilty out of it because to me, she doesn't deserve a name or a place in my life any longer. She was just a stepping stone toward more of who I'm meant to be. The end.

Until next time, the pathway to freedom begins when you face the problem without making excuses for it. -Joyce Meyer

Love Times Infinity,
Chelsea
xoxo
God Bless

~Just Keep Swimming~










2 comments:

  1. I found your post via Google while dealing with my own situation with a roommate. I would like to thank you for the uplifting verses as they spoke to me about what God does for us in addition to your story. It's great to know that I am not alone in the battle I am in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to hear that KT. I'm sorry to hear that you are going through a roommate issue as they are not easy to deal with but I will pray for you. God will get you through this! Never give up. :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading/caring!

Ad