Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Writer Wednesday: My HSN Commercial Experience

     I found out about two weeks ago that the commercial I had shot in January was finally finalized and it would be debuted at the last acting workshop at the Safety Harbor studio that I had attended two workshops for my internship in December and January. Ever since there was a nervous excitement being built in my belly, almost like a fetus taking shape within my womb but a little less real.
     After months of waiting, I finally saw the commercial yesterday. All the hype I built for it was put out much like a match lit on a windy beach:

I watched it and as I did, my palms became sweaty and my knees felt weak. I was hoping to see myself through the entire 30 minute commercial, which was set up much like the infomercials you find if you are still watching television in the middle of the night. It was a good commercial but I wasn't in the entire thing: 

   Overall, I just appreciate the opportunity I was given and see it as God helping me overcome my public speaking fear by showing me that I am good enough just the way I am, every insecurity I've faced most of my life can run for the hills because there is no more vacancy within the confines of my mind. Although my acting career was short-lived, I realized I still would rather be behind the scenes in a way because that industry is still too shallow for my tastes. Hey, at least, I got a free ottoman and a paycheck out of it. 

God is good through the good and the not so good.

Until next time, remember: 

Love Times Infinity,
Chelsea
xoxo
God Bless!

~Just Keep Swimming~


1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful kind of busy, Chelsea. Keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading/caring!

Ad