Wednesday, July 19, 2017

#WriterRevelations: The Power of Being Positive (Social Media)

Lately, it seems to me that the trend on social media is to be negative, pessimistic, or bragging. Or all three if you are really popular on social media. Here I was hoping that those rude and hateful posts would go away following the election of 2016. Yet, here we are, in 2017, and people are really becoming as the Bible says they would in 2 Timothy 3.

I have started to post less on Facebook (or as I call it Fakebook) mostly because people don't see my posts or they just ignore my posts on there. I've heard from others that it's not just me and it has to do with the algorithm Facebook encrypted into its server in 2015. Now Twitter seems to also be suffering from the same problem, and that makes me even more sad because I really enjoyed tweeting. I have been an avid user since when it started up in 2009, and I even helped celebrities like Ryan Sheckler learn about it.

Now everyone uses it and I feel as though people ruined it.

It used to feel like a safe space but now, I get all types of judgement from whatever I post there.

The social media platform I never expected to like was Instagram. What I had heard from the media was that Instagram was full of Selfies. The media once again hit us with a bit of fake news.

Actually, the nicest, most sincere people I've never met (and some I have) are on Instagram. People will support whatever you post there and guess what was even more surprising?!

Positive people thrive there!

I went from starting my Instagram with 200 followers and now I have almost 800, and I truly believe that the sole reason for that is because I always post motivational and positive quotes.

In college, my walls were covered from ceiling to floor with motivational and positive confessions and quotes because

The funny thing was I caught a lot of flack for it. Some people were actually truly hateful toward my #positiveonly vibes. One guy I was friendly with once said to me,

"You truly believe and see good in everything?" 

I replied, Yeah, it's better to be that way.

He retorted with, "No, it's not. It's not realistic. It's better to see things for what they are instead of for what they can be." 

I've been through some serious shit and I'm sure most people reading this have too in some way, shape, or form. Or maybe you identify with being hated on for who you are. Let this post be your motivation to keep on being that same positive, extremely valuable, love-worthy human being no matter how people treat you. Turn it into a positive: Keep being a light.

We all do it. That subtle offense we take when someone ignores our text, our post on social media, or the major offense we take when someone questions or argues with us via our posts. Whether it's on social media or in real life, you are better to just love people and pay no mind to whether they give you recognition. Besides, that offense comes from our pride, and pride is a deceitful little beast we should all tell more often to be quiet and remind ourselves that it isn't all about ME! 

Stop being so gosh darn selfish and I promise you, good things will start chasing you down and your positivity will attract all the right people but even if it's slow in coming, God always loves you and that's a great foundational truth to build your life on. 

Last month I wrote about diligence and I have to update you all that I finally faced my fears and drove on the real road. For all the shenanigans, check it out here.

If you are having trouble facing a fear, call to mind Moses didn't think he was the right person to deliver the Israelites from out of Egypt but God knew he was not only called but chosen:
And I'm not saying I never have a sad day but I choose to never let a sad day define me or ruin God's great plans for me, and sometimes I even take my frustrations and use them to further motivate me. When life is difficult and you don't know where to turn or who to talk to, start with this confession, write it out on Tumblr, and talk to God or a close friend. And always remember, suicide is never the answer!

Until next time, remember I love you and pray for you daily!


Choose encouragement over offense and you will live a long and happy life, I can guarantee it!

If you read this blog and it gave you positive vibes, please feel free to share it or the graphics with your social media network. Let's create a wave of #positivevibesonly and see how it ripples around the entire world!

In Christ-Like Love and Confidence,
Chelsea
xoxo





1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more about social media. If not for my clients, I think I would have deactivated my account. FB made it really hard for us to reach a wider audience...unless we're willing to pay for ads. And Twitter is like a place for putting down people more than spreading great news. I don't know. It makes me sad sometimes. But for business' sake, I keep using them anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading/caring!

Ad