Sunday, March 13, 2011

Tampa Pro 2011: The Gnarliest Skate Contest Ever

Florida born and raised but I've got Jersey in my veins...Seriously. If you weren't at Tampa Pro this year, don't worry. Chellyz got yo back. :)

Everyone was here this year. There were 90 skaters attempting to qualify and make the Top 30 to make it to the Semi-Finals where the Top 10 from there go against the Top 2 qualifiers of the weekend. Those two Top dawgs were none other than Torey Pudwill and Zered Bassett.
In case you never heard of the Tampa Pro. It's a professional contest that has been going on since 1995 and it takes place 45-50 minutes away from my house in Port Richey, FL at this place called the Skatepark of Tampa:


It was my best friend Sarah's first Tampa Pro:

She had a killer time! I think she will accompany me to future Pro's. :)



Here's Jereme Rogers and Nyjah Houston♥


Here's Danny Cerezini and Torey Pudwill♥

We also met Chaz Ortiz. The caption for this pic, "Pimpin' aint easy unless you're Chaz Ortiz." Such a cute kid. My sisters officially have a crush. Trust me, it's hard not to like skaters they are the sickest athletes ever, not to mention realer than G's and hot as sin! ;-)


Congrats to Dennis Busenitz for winning this year's Tampa Pro. Also congrats to Nyjah Houston and Torey Pudwill for taking second and third place. :D

The winner's list looks like this:
1. Dennis Busenitz
2.Nyjah Houston
3. Torey Pudwill
4.Shane O'Neil
5.Luan Oliveira
6.P-Rod
7.Chaz Ortiz
8.Zered Bassett
9.Eric Koston
10.Ryan Decenzo
11. Jereme Rogers
12.Chris Troy
All in all it was a fun weekend. You should go next year! Trust me, it's worth the 15 dollars plus hotel stay* and travel expenses.* The sickest shit goes down here every year! :)

For more information and footage from this year's Tampa Pro visit: www.skateparkoftampa.com <----Copy and paste, foo.

Before leaving you with a few final words, Ryan Sheckler would have made the winning list if he didn't get word of a family emergency and had to fly home. Prayers and kind thoughts are being sent his way!

This week is Spring Break for me and my gorgeous sisters. I'm looking forward to spending the week bonding with them. So far, we had fun last night playing with our webcam. Here's a little sneak peak:
My friends all call me the Sexy Librarian because I work at the library. What do you think?

Until next time, follow Lauryn Hill's advice: Don't be a hard rock when you really are a gem- Doo Wop(That Thing). This is the rock that sits on my closet in my dorm that says that exact thing. It reminds me to value myself every day♥ Ladies and gents, be more than this:
Don't give it away. As I always say: "Better the wedding band around my finger than a memory of a one night stand left to linger."♥

Love Times Infinity,
Chelsea
xoxo
God Bless!

~Just Keep Swimming~

P.S. I drove the other day for the first time since Thanksgiving. Be on the lookout, peeps. Chelly will have her license faster than you can say, "Mercedes Benz." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading/caring!

Ad