Wednesday, February 3, 2016

#WriterWednesday: The Power of a Wink

A wink is defined by Webster's dictionary as: close and open one eye quickly, typically to indicate that something is a joke or a secret or as a signal of affection or greeting.

We all know how awesome it is when someone winks at you. You get that first text from your crush that has a wink at the end. For me, I'm blown away when my dogs wink at me. Now that is something you just have to witness in the flesh and not at all virtually. ;-)

Recently, I got a job offer I just couldn't refuse. It was in my field, it was local, and it was everything I was looking for in a public relations job for someone whose college degree is literally fresh off the printer.

I got up early on a Friday morning about two weeks ago and I took a Snapchat video, said a prayer, and headed into the office wearing a nice business professional outfit and a smile.

I headed to the elevator because this company had their particular office suite on the second floor. I got a little lost on the second floor but found my way to the suite and arrived to be greeted by the receptionist warmly.

They asked me to fill out a candidate information sheet including my hobbies and interests. I listed writing, reading, listening to music, and street skateboarding. Sitting down in the waiting room along with two other potential candidates, ESPN was playing on the tv and Demi Lovato's "Confident" came on as part of the ESPN Sports Center promo showing basketball players heading out on the court ready to play the game. Here was the first God wink: The ball is in your court, Chelsea. Aim high and slamdunk this interview. ;-)

Finally, the hiring manager came in and shook my hand and led me to his office about five steps from the waiting room I was walking out of. I sat in a chair adjacent his desk.

As soon as we sat down, the interview started out with an icebreaker.

Hiring manager: I see you're a writer. I myself have started writing a book and am looking for some tips on how to go about the writing process. Should I take some writing classes?

Me: Yeah, definitely. I just have learned about the craft by basically reading books on the craft and I definitely recommend the Writer Magazine.

The interview was instantly a breeze after that because I felt comfortable with him because common ground had been established. The hiring manager went on to tell me what kind of marketing the company did.

They worked with big brands like Vizio, Samsung, etc, doing direct marketing campaigns in Costco's and Best Buy stores.

As soon as I heard marketing for Best Buy, my ears started ringing and I can't begin to tell you anything else he said. God wink number two: You didn't get that job working in Best Buy because I'd rather you work marketing for Best Buy. ;-)

I left very excited for the possibility of working for this company. I actually laughed with my mom on the drive back home at God's sense of humor with this one.

Time passed and I never received another call from them regarding the second interview, and it kind of bummed me out at first.

Then I realized this whole interview was a God wink in itself. To show me what I could attract and what God has planned for me.

I can see pieces coming together today but I urge you to look at your own life, and maybe even look twice. Because God is winking at you in big and small ways, believe me.

Recently, I felt God urging me to apply to publish my re-write of Dream Girl and Jessica's Choice on an online platform and it was accepted, and my series is now live:



To subscribe, you only pay $4.99 where you end up getting access to not only my series but 9 other series. That's about ten books for $5. Now that's a bibliophile's dream come true.

Until next time, Remember: 

Love Times Infinity,
Chelsea
xoxo
God Bless!
~Just Keep Swimming~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading/caring!

Ad