Tuesday, February 23, 2016

#WriterWednesday: The Strength in Utilizing Grace by @ChelseaDeVries

Sunday morning on my way to church, I opened a Snap that an innocent friend sent me but it's nature was a bit...unwelcome.

Saturday night, I posted a Snapchat picture of me celebrating a victory for my presidential candidate. I won't reveal who that is because he isn't very popular among people with opinions.

I ignored my friends Snap because one thing you will never see me do is openly discuss politics with anyone. That's mostly because throughout my six years as being a voting citizen of the USA, I found that someone, somewhere will always find a way to argue with you about who you think would make a great president.

It all stems from the human's unanimous need to be right which stems from the innate need to be valued, appreciated, and accepted for who they are.

Which turns out was what my pastor was preaching about at church on Sunday and I couldn't believe how sweet his message was simply because I literally just got done telling my mom why I had ignored my friend's Snapchat.

What was he preaching on?  You ask.

Grace. Simple grace. And it seems like a lot of people in church talk about this topic a whole heck of a lot. It's a major theme in the Christian faith, if you consider yourself a member of it.

Yet, one thing people don't realize is that true strength lies in utilizing grace every day.

Grace to be a Republican, Democrat, Independent, Feminist, Hip Hop Music Enthusiast, etc.

This world wants to put everyone in a box and when you go against the grain (it's like I was born going against the grain because somehow I always find myself doing it without thinking), this world will tell you that your voice, your beliefs, you as a person do not matter.

Thank God for grace. What is grace? According to the Vine's Bible Dictionary, Grace is something beautiful; something free. It also means to extend kindness to those that don't deserve it.

Grace encourages individuality. -Ephesians 2:10

God created us to be different. It seems lately that the election has really brought the demons out of the people I call friends because of course, I don't agree with everything they believe and stand for, and they definitely don't agree with me. Yet, one thing I love about the election is that it gets people talking about the issues in our nation that need to be talked about. One thing I love about Democrats is how they want everyone to be happy. One thing I love about Republicans is that they care about the people that easily get forgotten. And one thing I love about Independents is that they respect everyone as individuals.

So with all this talk about politics and who's right and who's wrong, we are in desperate need as a nation for Grace.

Grace is accepting who the Lord created you to be. -Colossians 1:15-18


Grace is accepting people just the way they are. -1 John 4:7-8

Grace frees us from the tyranny of pleasing people -Galatians 1:10

Grace offers people freedom and choices. -Joshua 24:15-16

Yeah, I'm not always popular because I don't always follow popular opinion but hey, I'm me and I'm free. And to the friend who I ignored your Snapchat, I love and accept you for who you are. I hope you will forgive me and allow me the same courtesy.

Until next time, remember: Strong grace not only allows us to be who the Lord wants us to be but also allows us to love people just the way they are.



Love Times Infinity,
Chelsea
xoxo
God Bless!
~Just Keep Swimming~

P.S. If you feel this message inspired you positively, please do share it via the button to your right that reads TWEET. Thanks so much♥

1 comment:

  1. Love this encouragement. I especially love that last verse. I hope more people learn to judge less and celebrate one another more. We really need that in the world today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading/caring!

Ad