Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Day 11: Your worst/funniest/most embarrassing date

Happiness is a form of courage...I was dreading this post a little bit. Mostly because technically I've never been on a date. So instead of talking about a date that went wrong, I think I will talk about some funny things I've done for love that yielded no results.

In high school, I wrote a character into my books named Pete Young that was fully based off of the guy I was crazy into during much of high school. And he really did choose to date a cheerleader over me. Then, that Halloween, I went as a cheerleader to prove that I too could look just as good in a uniform. I thought I had a picture somewhere but I couldn't find it in time for this post. Oh well.

My freshman year of college, I nearly tried to break up a guy and his girlfriend because I was convinced that he liked me. He really gave me that impression. It was my first experience with a guy who wanted to have his cake and eat it too. A year or so later, they broke up officially but personally, I learned the boundaries of other's relationships real quick from that experience.

My sophomore year of college, I wrote a guy a letter that listed 25 things I liked about him. 

My third year of college, I wrote a guy a book of letters from each day that summer that I missed him. I filled the entire book and poured my heart out into it so immensely that some of the pages of that book are stained with my tears. 

That's basically the last thing I've done for love because well, the last guy I had a serious crush on chose my friend over me in a way. It was really painful for me because like I always do I thought I could change him, and he really did see me for me. Unfortunately, I realized I was settling for less than God's best.

Because of all these lessons of love unrequited, I have come to realize what I want in a relationship and hope the next guy or the next guy after that complements me in a way each of the above examples never did. It wasn't that they lacked as people (Or maybe we both did). It just wasn't meant to be. And sometimes you just can't argue with God's best for your life.

Why I'm Glad No Boy Has Ever Loved Me. Read this article. It really expresses how I feel about my love life so far so beautifully.

Love Times Infinity,
Chelsea
xoxo
God Bless!
~Just Keep Swimming~



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading/caring!

Ad