Saturday, November 1, 2014

Over a year later, 30 Day Blog Challenge Day 1: Your response to everyone’s favorite question: “And why are YOU still single?”

Happiness is a form of courage... I feel that I've matured over the past year and I don't mean that to sound braggy but honestly, I've finally connected so many internal dots. I believe the only reason this maturity has occurred is because I was open-minded in bettering myself. That is the whole reason I wanted to do this 30 Day Blog Challenge again. So with that said, let me answer this question with my fresh perspective.

Relationships take work. I know this because I've put a lot of overzealous effort into many friendships and I always feel that I end up with nothing to show for it in return but recently, I've accepted this as something that is ok because I've finally learned how to overcome this. Ultimately, I just understand that if you are putting in all the work when it comes to a friendship or relationship, it isn't meant to last and you have to let it go. Relationships take work and ultimately, I'm way too busy with school to make it my primary focus right now. I literally don't have free time anymore. I am officially a full-time student and I'm actually lucky I made time to post this blog but I don't have the time to date right now.

Relationships take financial stability. No one is attracted to the homeless bum you pass on the street corner with the sign that reads IN NEED OF WORK. Why aren't they attracted to him? First off, his hygiene game is definitely not on point, and secondly, he has way too much free time(he's unemployed) and he has no means to take me out on a date(riding public transit is not riding in style) or any fiscal responsibility (he can't buy me anything from Tiffany's or let alone a hairbrush to comb his hair). In the same way, no one wants to date the homeless bum, no one wants to date a person with no motivation. Currently, I'm unemployed so I don't want to be a free loader and date someone who always has to pay for me. I do believe in male chivalry but I don't believe that the guy should always pay and as someone who is uber generous, I'm a big gift giver so if I have no moola, you will get nothing but love from me.

Lastly, if I had to use an elevator pitch (sorry for the marketing term) as to why I'm still single, it would be this: I'm too busy learning to love myself and getting to know myself better to worry about whether or not anyone is in love with me.  Oh and I'm pretty happy spending time with Jesus to be concerned about any guy(good-looking or not) right now. Does that mean I'm not interested in dating at all? Of course I'm interested if the right person comes along, I have a few crushes currently but nothing that is worth pursuing because of circumstances right now, but I trust God and his timing won't be one second late.

If you'd like to read my post from last year, go right ahead. Why I'm Still Single(And Loving It).

Love Times Infinity,
Chelsea 
xoxo
God Bless!
~Just Keep Swimming~


1 comment:

  1. Chelsea, you're doing the challenge again! Wow! By the way, I am giving this Liebster Award to you. You may accept this award by following the rules in this link:

    http://baredmysoul.blogspot.com/2014/11/i-accept-this-leibster-award.html

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading/caring!

Ad