Monday, November 3, 2014

Day 3: Describe a moment or a day when being single was really awesome.

Happiness is a form of courage... Being single is always awesome. I mean, you get to discover who you are( what you like, what you don't like, what you are settling for when you should be setting your standards higher) and you do not have to answer to anyone on a daily basis. Let me explain.

Personally, I consider myself an independent person so much so that life right now is a little bittersweet for me. I've moved back in with my parents full-time while trying to finish my marketing degree, I am still on the hunt for a job that goes beyond that initial call and interview, and currently I have school bills, medical bills, and the holidays coming up. Having only the $5 used to keep my savings open literally blows chunks. I hate being this dependent on others.

I know God will never forsake me or leave me alone in this storm and he is never surprised by this storm but I just need a small break-through here. Basically, I can fully admit that depending on others is something I don't like doing AT ALL.

I think that is because I've been let down by many human beings in my life (some of them even call themselves my family) and so in order to prevent myself from being hurt, I've sort of opposed myself to the idea of relying on and depending on others (even if they are my parents). Anyway, the idea of me spending time with someone the majority of the time is foreign to me.

I've seen many examples of unhealthy relationships lately and the boyfriend and girlfriend practically become one nowadays even while still dating and that to me just seems so weird. I like my space. I like doing my own thing, and I don't want to have to worry about pleasing anyone other than God right now so I really enjoy being single.

Singleness is only hard when I get lonely and even though I'm an independent person, I do get lonely mostly because I personally feel misunderstood by everyone around me. It's the writer's plague, I guess. I do like the company of others (especially those of the dog variety) and consider myself a people person. Yet, I prefer to be alone the majority of the time right now because I'm still on a personal journey of self-discovery and self-love.

I'm just using this time of being single to do what God wants me to do before he introduces me to the man he has for me and I don't think there is anything wrong with that because after all a healthy relationship is two complete wholes coming together to complement each other. You should never look to anyone other than God to complete you.

Hope that answered your question.

Love Times Infinity,
Chelsea
xoxo
God Bless You!
~Just Keep Swimming~ 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading/caring!

Ad