Tuesday, November 4, 2014

I Accept This Liebster Award

Happiness is a form of courage... I won an award for blogging! Get the heck out.

According to SuperLux via Gigi the Snooper, the award is:

 Liebster comes from the German language, and it means "beloved". This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers and it follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people.

Before I continue with the formatting for accepting this award, I just want to thank everyone who reads my blogs (my friends, my family, my enemies, curious strangers, Zac Efron). You are why I continue blogging about my life. All I ever want in this life is to know that my words changed one person's life for the better, and if I can achieve that by blogging, mission accomplished.

1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.

Thank you Lux for always consistently reading my posts and sharing kind, heartfelt words to encourage me to carry on. Your comments ALWAYS make my day because sometimes I wonder if the only other person who reads my blog and gets me however many views is just my mom being awesome. Then, your comment appears and I realize I am not alone. Thank you so much for nominating me. It means the world even if it counts for nothing outside of the interweb. It's a small acknowledgement of what I put my heart and soul (literally) into and I will forever be grateful. By the way, you write amazing posts that speak depths to how similar we all are as human beings no matter where we may live, and I love that I befriended you from doing the 30 Day Blog Challenge. God's plans truly are greater than we can imagine.


2.Display the award on your blog.

3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.

What drives you? 
Jesus. Without him, I would not even be alive right now typing this let alone be able to do anything else in my own strength. Oh, and of course, my readers who I hope to inspire and encourage with everything I post.

What's your mantra?
Just Keep Swimming.

What is your belief or principle?
 Jesus is the answer, and that people should love one another by encouraging each other instead of tearing each other down based on differences.

What do you value the most in your life?

I value my dogs the most because they love me unconditionally and are the best friends a girl could ask for as well as Jesus because he loves me anyway despite my mistakes. I value my family for loving me despite the fact that they don't understand me. I value my friends for supporting me in my good moments. I value my readers for supporting me in my moments of small beginnings.

What TV series are/were you addicted with?

I don't like TV much but I do like a handful of really awesome shows and they are:
General Hospital, Revenge, Big Bang Theory, Selfie, Jane the Virgin, PLL, and Hart of Dixie. Anything else could fade away and I wouldn't even mind.

The song that sums up your life

It's a tie between Underdog by the JoBros and SexyBack by JT. Sometimes in life I feel like an underdog but ocassionally, I feel like I bring sexyback. :)

What's your greatest regret?

No ragrets. Not even a letter.

Your favorite movie of all time.

Napolean Dynamite; Peter Pan; Finding Nemo

Your Best childhood memory

 Definitely the day I got Geniveve. My dad brought her home in his semi- truck and we carried her out to the yard even though she was only 8 weeks old but instead of letting her run around, we showed her off to all our neighbors because we were so proud to finally have a family pet. From the moment she came into my life, I knew we were destined to be soulmates and since then, she has always had my back even in my near-death moment.♥

Dream Vacation Destination
Bahamas

If you could change one thing in this world what would it be?

Global unity and world peace. I'm a hippie at heart.

 4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself. 

I was born premature at three pounds eight ounces.
My favorite band is Hot Chelle Rae, I hope they always make music 
I've met the lead singer of Hot Chelle Rae, Ryan Follese, and many skateboarders including Ryan Sheckler who was a friend of my family for a good five years. He even met my dog. I've also met various soap stars including Kirsten Storms.
I believe my future husband is a current celebrity or an up-and-coming celebrity (No, I'm not talking about Zac Efron).
I once wanted to write for one of my favorite shows General Hospital
I hope to one day become a full-time author and travel the world and write.
I don't like lightening so much that at the sound of thunder I start exhibiting sweaty palms.
I have appeared on tv and in a movie called Street Dreams.
After graduating college, I want to become a publicist.
I hope that one day I own a decent size house (4 + bedrooms) and a purple Porsche.
I was born and raised in Florida but was raised by parents from New Jersey.
One person I really hope to meet one day is my own personal hero, Demi Lovato. I believe she is a truly genuine person who definitely deserves all the success she has now especially with all that she's faced in her childhood years.

5. Nominate 5 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers:

6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.  
What's your favorite quote?
What's your favorite song and why?
If you could meet anyone in person, who would it be and why?
Favorite book and why?
How do you view God?
Share a story about a memory that haunts you.
Share a story about a time you overcame the odds.
If money were no object, what would you do all day?
 Anywhere you haven't traveled yet that you really want to and why?
What's your greatest accomplishment?
Share a dream you have for the future
a. about yourself
b. about the world

7. Rules to follow to officially accept the Liebster Award.
Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer. 

I've officially accepted this award and I cannot thank you enough. 

Love Times Infinity,
Chelsea
xoxo
God Bless!
~Just Keep Swimming~




1 comment:

  1. You are so welcome! I echo you, I'm glad I got to know another soul from miles away going through similar situation, like any normal person but keeps on fighting.

    I like your mantra.

    All the good things you write about should be read by more women to know that they are not alone and that being single rocks.

    Keep calm and blog on. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading/caring!

Ad