Wednesday, July 29, 2015

#WriterWednesday: Dear Geniveve; A Letter of Promise to my best friend

I feel as though these past few weeks, I've been living inside a glass box in one major aspect of my life. My best friend could no longer walk and she laid on the kitchen floor in need of constant care. And the saddest part was, even though I was helping her every single day for three weeks, the fact that I had to see her in that state actually broke my heart. Yet, I didn't know how to talk about or express myself for those three weeks so that resulted in me lashing out in intense waves of anger, rage, jealousy, and hate but inside I was breaking.

On Monday July 27, 2015, the glass box finally shattered yet the glass shattering cut me deeply, and ever since I woke up on that sad, sad day I feel as though I swallowed some of the slivers of glass and I'm internally bleeding. Every day since, I've woken up with the heaviest heart (almost like I don't know if I can make it heavy) and an absolute knot in the pit of my stomach.

On Monday July 27, 2015, my best friend Geniveve passed away after 15 years of an extraordinary life. I lost a dear,dear friend but heaven gained the most beautiful angel and I know for sure that she is looking out for me wherever I go and if I want to talk to her, all I have to do is talk out loud.

I decided that it was time I make some final promises to my best friend so that she knows I'm serious about not wasting anymore of the life I've been given, and I want to honor her memory and make her proud with the way I choose to live the rest of my life.

Dear Geniveve,

I will miss you so much and will always love you but now that you've gone to be with Jesus, I have some promises I want to make you: 

1. I promise to Cherish each day no matter what happens during it.
2. I promise to let go of the people and things that cause me nothing but pain and misery, wish them well, and pray for them.
3. I promise to rid myself of all negative emotions: hate, bitterness, jealousy, unforgiveness, resentment, anger, and sadness in excess. I see now that these are such a waste of life.
4. I promise to wait for the man you approve of: one who treats me like he knows and values my worth; one who treasures my heart.
5. I promise to use my words for good, and change the world with my writing.
6. I promise to greet everyone I meet with a smile, like you always did.
7. I promise to get out more and actually see the world and meet new people.
8. I promise to support Ryan Sheckler until the day I leave this Earth because I know how much he meant to you.
9. I promise to go to Tampa Pro every year, if I'm able.
10. I promise to get a car and my driver's license back and go on a road trip once a year.
11. I promise to have my cookies and mojitios and always celebrate life.
12. I promise to give the family more love and the benefit of the doubt more, and I promise to spoil Hazel and Katrina much the same way I spoiled you.
13. I promise to always glorify God and thank Him every day.
14. I promise to appreciate the little things
15. I promise to never give up no matter how hard life gets and always be happy because NOW is all we have.

RIP Geniveve Rosalynn DeVries you are Heaven's sweetest most beautiful angel now.
April 22, 2000  - July 27, 2015

Until next time, remember:
 Pain has an element of blank;
 it cannot recollect 
When it  begun, or if there were,
A day when it was not -
-Emily Dickinson

Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
-Ephesians 4:31-32

Love Times Infinity,
Chelsea
xoxo
God Bless!
~Just Keep Swimming!~


2 comments:

  1. Aw, my heart breaks. I'm so sorry for your loss. She's a beauty. And I'm sure her loyalty and love for you is insormountable.

    I hope you find peace and comfort in the thought that you have another angel looking after you.

    Those are beautiful promises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Lux! That thought is the only thing comforting me at this time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading/caring!

Ad