Friday, October 25, 2013

Day 22: What fictional character in a movie, tv show, or book do you identify with and why?

Happiness is a form of courage...I was going to do a character in a book but since I've read a lot of books and have related to a lot of characters in them, I'll do my favorite character of all time, Napolean Dynamite.

I remember the first time I watched Napolean Dynamite. I remember not even laughing at anything in the movie and just sitting with my family and we all looked at each other like what is this?

Then, I gave it another try two days later. This time when I watched it I paid more attention to the subtle details in each scene and I finally got most of the jokes. Now, this is my ultimate favorite movie. I watch this movie when I'm sick, when I'm feeling sad, and just because only because it's seriously a genius comedy.

For those of you who live under a rock and have not witnessed this genius comedy indie film, let me give you a little back story. Basically, it follows Napolean Dynamite, a high school aged kid who definitely dances to his own beat. He's definitely different. His brother Kip lives at home with him although he's like 23 or older and he doesn't have a job but talks with women on chat all day. They live at their Grandmother's house. Their Uncle Rico comes to stay with them when their Grandmother gets into a sand dune accident. The grandmother owns a llama named Tina. Around this same time, Napolean is asked to help Pedro Sanchez, a transfer student, become accustomed to the school. They strike up a friendship when they both realize they don't really fit in with the mainstream kids around them. The whole movie is basically a story of one different boy's fight to help his best friend win the school election for class president.

The reason I relate so much to Napolean is not only because I'm different and a non-conformist like Napolean but because I dance to the beat of a different drum, and I'm ok with that, just like Napolean. Yeah, he may not look like he has many friends but Napolean is known throughout the whole school so even though he stands out, he's popular. This is what allows him to help Pedro win the school election. Another reason why I relate with Napolean is because of how good of a friend he is to Pedro. I also like Napolean's taste in music, the fact that he draws ligers, and is obsessed with tater tots and chapstick.

Love Times Infinity,
Chelsea
xoxo
God Bless!

~Just Keep Swimming~

Check out my new VLOG: Happy VLOG :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading/caring!

Ad