Sunday, October 6, 2013

Day 3: Describe a moment or a day where being single was really awesome

Happiness is a form of courage...Being single is awesome. Ask any long-term married person what they wish for and they will probably tell you something along the lines of, "I just want a little peace and quiet and a little time to be by myself." Isn't that funny? Most everyone in this world chases the ultimate fantasy: marriage. Yet, once married for a while, what do we want? To be single. Ironic isn't it?

     One day that I've learned to embrace my singleness is Valentine's Day. All through high school, I really thought that a guy would ask me to be his girlfriend on that day. Yeah, I can just hear you through this computer screen. Oh, how cliche. You bet. Yet, I honestly wanted it more than anything in this world because well, high school seems like the time when everyone finally gets their first boyfriend so like any other hopeful romantic of a girl, I figured it would happen for me. I liked a few different guys throughout high school but I was always the girl they friend zoned, never the girl they automatically wanted to ask out.

So yeah, I'm here to tell you. I'm still a relationship virgin. Yet, I'm actually glad that I never dated anyone in high school because it really allowed me to stay focused on accomplishing my goals like getting my first novel published when I was fifteen and graduate high school with a 3.15 GPA. Although I'm young at heart and have a very youthful appearance, I consider myself an old soul because from a very young age, I've understood life and seen life in a way that people my age did not, so there's that factor, too. The maturity level just wasn't the same and I chose to stay single because I wasn't going to settle for a boyfriend who couldn't see things on my level.

Nowadays when Valentine's Day comes around, I celebrate me. Who better to love me than well, me? I don't mean I kiss myself and walk around like I'm the greatest person on Earth. Starting from this Valentine's Day on, I'm planning on spending time with Jesus, looking for people to show love to, and then maybe sending myself something nice to celebrate me and all I've overcome up to that day. I mean, why not?

Maybe you should too. You deserve to be loved and who better to start loving you than well, YOU.

Before I go, I must say one more thing about Valentine's Day. It always seemed like such a stupid holiday simply because I always watch boyfriends turn into Prince Charmings for that day only and the next day that couple will most often look as if they have broken up because you can no longer see the love there. I'm not settling for that. I want a man who will show me love every single day and any passerby that sees us together will have no doubt that we care about each other. They will feel the chemistry between us and maybe find the inspiration to go tell someone they love that they love them. That's the kind of relationship I'm waiting for and another reason why it feels so awesome to be single.

Remember: A woman on a mission needs no permission- Mandy Hale♥

Love Times Infinity,
Chelsea
xoxo
God Bless!

~Just Keep Swimming~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading/caring!

Ad