Friday, October 11, 2013

Day 8: Five things that are most important to you in a future mate

Happiness is a form of courage...I've been waiting for this blog. You cannot understand how excited I am to write this one...so here goes.

There are countless traits I look for in a mate. I once made a list of about 35 or so but since that time I realized no one is perfect and there is no such thing as a manufactured husband so I've narrowed it down to the ideals that matter most to me (so all you single guys listen up):

1. A Sense of Humor and the ability to make me laugh and to laugh at me. (Because I'm hilarious)♥

Growing up, I learned early on that if you can make anyone laugh, you share an instant connection. Why? Well, laughter is medicine for a broken heart and it actually has been scientifically proven to help sick patients get better, even those with life-threatening illnesses. Therefore, I want to find a man who can make me laugh so hard I cry, who's not afraid to turn the joke on himself, and who laughs at most of what I say unless I tell him his pants are on fire, that probably is a serious statement that he shouldn't just take lightly.♥

2. Friendship/ Loyalty♥

I've always understood that relationships tend to last longer when you get to know someone as a friend first because you already understand each other and most likely, because you know their heart, and can already talk to them with ease, you will eventually see them as beautiful physically too. Plus, friends are more likely to have your best interests at heart so they will go out of their way to make sure you don't get hurt. Being that I'm a loyal Leo, whoever I end up riding off into the sunset with will not ever have to worry about me staying true to them, no matter what. I would expect the same out of my future mate♥

3. Love for God and more importantly Jesus♥

My faith is all I have. It's my life. So, I expect that either my future mate respects that or he himself finds or already has a relationship with Jesus before getting into a relationship with me. I know God is the only true foundation to build any solid relationship on and that is why I stress that whoever I date and then later marry be a born again Christian. I'm also not interested in anyone religious. I want someone who can honestly say he loves Jesus and I can see it in his daily actions.

4. Kind
Ask any of my good friends and this is probably one of the words they would use to describe me. I am not trying to sound cocky but one thing I strive to do daily is love someone even if I don't know that person. Personally, I just try to be an example of God's love. There are so many hurting, helpless people out there. And I'm trying to change that, and the way I know how to do that is by showing people God's love. Therefore, I expect my future mate to be as or more kind than me.♥

5. A Respecter of words
I'm a writer. I'm also an avid reader so I would expect that my future mate if not a writer at least loves to read. People who write and/or read typically have a lot intellectually sound things to talk about which means our conversations won't all be shallow. Fun fact: I actually wrote my first two novels aiming to appeal to guys instead of girls. Why? Well, let me explain. Guys that I knew of in high school didn't seem like they read much and all they ever talked about was girls, sports, and video games. So, I set out to write romance novels for teenage guys because I felt like if they read them, they would have more intellectual conversation pieces and in the process understand what girls want in a guy. My books are also simple to read simply because I know guys who play video games usually don't want to lose too much time to devote to gaming so I made my books almost elementary in depth so that anyone of any age could read it, comprehend it, but still love the suspense of the overall story. It's an innovative concept but it still hasn't caught on yet.

There, now you have it. So any guy out there who has the guts to pursue me should not lack or not understand any of these five things. Yet, I'm not perfect so I in turn don't expect perfection. I just ask for respect and a little understanding.♥

Love Times Infinity,
Chelsea
xoxo
God Bless!

~Just Keep Swimming~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading/caring!

Ad