Friday, December 30, 2011

Goodbye 2011: Hello to a New Perspective♥

Don't be a wallflower in the dance of life...

Let me just start by saying 2011 wasn't all bad. It was an ah-mazing year!

In March, I saw my friend Ryan Sheckler for the last time and he finally got to meet my dog Geniveve:

Although, I am no longer in contact with Ryan, I wish him the best in life and his career. :)

In April through August, I learned what it meant to grow fond of one of your best friends. Our romance was short-lived unlike our one and a half year friendship. I learned that when you hoard love and don't let it grow, it dies. Just like a seed needs water, light, and time to grow, so does love except it requires patience, faith, and forgiveness.


Sadly at the end of August, that divided love spoiled a really solid friendship. Sometimes in life, you have to make choices based on what you want and what you are willing to sacrifice. In 2012, I vow to not ruin friendships with love but let love develop on its own because that's the way God works through love and God makes everything beautiful in its time.-Ecc. 3:11♥

In June through August, I learned how to become independent. I got my driver's license this year and learned how to cook. I can now honestly say I make a mean shrimp stir fry. :D

In September through December, I learned what it felt like to have people hate you because they don't understand why you ended your friendship with someone or they don't know you but judge you anyway. I also lost a lot of friends this year. Mostly people who were close in my eyes but were only close because they were sharing my information with the world behind my back.

Overall, in 2011 I found peace in Jesus. Without him, I don't know how I would have gotten through this year. This year made me such a strong woman and I can say now that I'm thankful for everything I went through this year, good and bad.

What matters most is that I got through it and can still smile and thank God for each and every new day♥

My New Years Resolution for 2012 may sound simple but it's going to be a test.

To choose happiness no matter the circumstances I face♥

Other goals I have for myself this year:

1.Get more sleep
2. Eat healthier again and stick with it
3. Exercise more
4. Make the Dean's list
5. Finally get a 3.0 GPA
6. Attend all my classes unless I'm deathly ill
7. Not miss a day of work at the library even if I have a migraine
8. Attempt to get more people involved in my literary career(bigger fan base)
9. Just focus on being kind to everyone and know that in kindness, true friendship is found♥
10. Trust that Jesus will take me to heights that I have yet to see but will lift me up to them this year!
11. Cherish my family<3
12. Forget my plans and just be spontaneous. :)
13. Smile more. Laugh often. Love like there is no tomorrow.

I pray that each and every one of you have a 2012 that is BLESSED BEYOND MEASURE. I can tell you with all certainty that this is not the last year the Earth will see but that doesn't mean you shouldn't live this year to its fullest!

Until next time,


Love Times Infinity,
Chelsea
xoxo
God Bless!

~Just Keep Swimming~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading/caring!

Ad