Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring Break 2012♥

Happiness is a form of courage...Every year Spring Break seems to get better and better. This year was no exception.


It all started on Friday where I was greeted by my BEST FRIEND and she wouldn't leave my side. She even danced for me...it's always nice to be missed most by the people you care the most about♥

On Saturday, we visited the Big Busch aka Busch Gardens, and I just happened to see two of my Leoland friends.<3
We went to see the new ice show, Iceploration. It was really good.
Of course, we had a small photo shoot at the Big Busch♥







On the way home from the Big Busch, we blasted Unbroken by Demi Lovato with the sunroof off and the windows down. Totally Legit♥

On Sunday, I enjoyed my mother's home cooking when she made me steak for dinner. :))))


Earlier that weekend on Saturday night, God opened my eyes to something new♥

I turned on the tv and was immediately captivated by a certain 20/20 documentary.
This one was about 3 particular young girls and watching them, they seem like typically little girls who get excited about everything, big or small. Yet, these 3 girls have an aging disease called Progeria. Progeria is a rare condition caused by a genetic mutation that is not hereditary that occurs in young children. It is a premature aging disease where the child's body appears to be old starting two months after birth and causes early death. The child could start having heart attacks and strokes at the age of five. Most children with this disease only live into their teenage years, some into their early twenties.

One of the little girls Haley Okines, at the time of filming, was 12 years old. Today, she is 14 and still living every day to the fullest. She even wrote her own autobiography and because I wanted to support the cause and I also know what it's like to be a young writer, I bought her book.


See, while I was watching the documentary, I was not only captivated by the three young girls with this rare disease. I was also in awe of how beautiful they were. Physically, they may look a little different but their spirits were lively and full of joy. It was amazing how happy they were about life.♥

In that moment, I realized that I waste so many precious minutes of my life letting the little things get me down. Now don't get me wrong, I have been choosing happiness much more this year than any year I've been alive, but I'm not going to lie and say that the choice itself isn't hard. Sometimes life really is hard but just think how hard it is for young Haley. She lives knowing she is destined to die young. She can't do as much as other kids because her body and bones are weaker than normal kids. Yet, she lets none of that affect her. She lives every day with joy because she realizes she got another day.

I vow from this day forward to cherish life for each day just because I got ONE MORE DAY♥

You can help benefit Progeria Research by visiting the Progeria Research Foundation's website. To donate now or just to learn more about Progeria, click the link under Donate Now to the right of this blog----->>>>> (scroll back up).

Monday, I finished all my hw in one day so I could enjoy the rest of my break. This is the first accounting exam that I'm ready for.
Tuesday and Wednesday were filled with blessings and happiness, and of course, lots of relaxation and rejuvenation for the soul.
Thursday, I woke up and had my Dunkin Donuts coffee and when I took it out of the fridge, this is what I found:
Do you see it?
So, I knew Thursday was going to be a great day filled with love♥

It did end up being a very BLESSED day mostly because Demi Lovato was on American Idol.She was amazing, yet again♥

On Friday, I went searching for a local summer internship and found one company thus far:
I felt so accomplished and proud of myself, not to mention, BLESSED♥

The rest of the weekend was one big party.♥

We broke out the alcoholic beverages:

The party animal was in attendance:

Saturday, my mom and I went to Indian Rocks Beach.

I've owned this book for two years:

After two years, I finally finished it. After I finished reading it, I just sat there on the beach and I realized how much God really loves me. He created this Earth as proof of his love, and as if that wasn't enough, he uses the people in this world to show me how much I am loved. In that thought, all I could do was smile:


Being that it was Saint Patrick's Day and I'm Irish, my mom made me corn beef and cabbage for dinner:

Then I sat down and watched:


Then:

It was a great end to my Spring Break. I can ultimately say that God loves me and he's leading me to great OPPORTUNITIES that I'm looking forward to♥

Until next time, remember:“Just when you think it can't get any worse, it can. And just when you think it can't get any better, it can.”-Nicholas Sparks, At First Sight♥

Love Times Infinity,
Chelsea
xoxo
God Bless!

~Just Keep Swimming~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading/caring!

Ad