Friday, May 9, 2014

Greatly Blessed and Highly Favored: The long story short of how my bill got paid off♥

Happiness is a form of courage...YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THAT BIG FAT BUTT?! Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle. Oh sorry, right. I'm writing a blog not twiggling. (white girl version of twerking). In case you want to join the dance party later or listen to the song that I'm currently jamming out to: Check out Wiggle by Jason Derulo ft. Snoop Dogg. That song is dope and it's the song he premiered for us at the concert back in February.

Anyway, since I last spoke to you, I finished another semester at Leoland. This one was plenty fruitful because I got straight B's except for the F I ended up getting in my Marketing Communications class. Long story short, that professor falsified my midterm grades, made the whole class about group work, waited until the beginning of April to give us the rubric for our final project, and the night before I was scheduled to present my final group project, the girl who came up with the idea of us selling a teleportation device decided to bitch me out over text message so I decided I wasn't going to show up. This is basically why I failed the class but it also had to do with the fact that I was against taking this class on campus from the beginning of the semester but they denied my request of taking it online. I do so much better in my online classes because they are based off independent study so all I have to do is read the chapters, answer a discussion question during each of the eight weeks, do a quiz, a paper or a case (depending on the class) and take a midterm and/or a final. For me, it's a lot like what I went through when I was back in the IB program. A little bit of a thorn in my side but mostly simple if you are studious and smart, like myself. That's why I'm so excited for this coming semester. Other than my internship or job (hopefully at Starbucks), I don't have to even leave my house because all my classes will be online. I just have to do two classes the first eight weeks which are Marketing Research and Business Law II (I won't be able to finish my IHT minor so I'm taking another elective and I loved my first Business Law course.) Then, the second eight weeks, in the middle of October, I will take Marketing Communications and Marketing policies. Then, by God's grace, as of December 14, 2014, I will graduate with my Bachelor's in Marketing. After that happens, this will be what I will say to that school:


So, as most of you know, it really looked like I was going to have to become a stripper in order to pay off the bill I owed for Spring semester. All semester I confessed: Where God gives vision, he provides provision.  Then, out of nowhere, last Friday, I got a call from the financial aid support team manager and at first, he made it seem like he was going to tell me my financial aid appeal application was denied like they originally told me it might but then he goes, "it looks like we gave you the wrong amount on your stafford loans and we owe you up to $3295 of additional aid." After he said that, my hand holding the phone literally started shaking because I felt God's favor making a shift. It turned out on Monday that I got $3261 of additional stafford loans (boo, I have to pay that back) and $500 from the financial aid appeal application. 
I only had to pay $27.59 toward the entire bill. God is so good to me. 

The only thing that was extremely stressful for me was that on Tuesday, I signed into my student account and saw this:
I was really confused and instead of stressing, I just asked some friends to share my GoFundMe page and prayed that Saint Leo had made a mistake. The next day, my balance was $27.59. After I paid it, my account looked like this when I signed in on Wednesday:
I have never seen that before so I feel extremely blessed. Now waiting to get a new advisor (My previous advisor was the professor of the marketing communications class). I no longer trust his advice and feel he never advised me well, especially after I told him I wanted to be a publicist. Then, I have to have an internship lined up by September 2 if not before, and I can register for my four online classes.

 So far no emails or calls. Yet, I know now, when it looks like nothing is happening, that's when God is working the most. He's going to show me favor in my job/internship search and provide me one that will be a divine appointment and help me learn skills that will one day make me a successful publicist.

Right now, I'm ok with having time off. I wrote so many religion papers this past semester, it's nice only having to write my novel lately. If only someone could pay me in advance for this book but since I'm not well-known as a writer (more importantly, my work isn't well-known), I'm just sitting on a wallet full of dreams. 

If anyone is looking to hire a writer, send me an email at wittywriterpoet26@yahoo.com.

Thanks, and also thank you to everyone that prayed for me about this bill and shared my GoFundMe link. 
Shoutout to Lizzy Follese on Twitter who I've never met but not only retweeted my tweet but posted this in support of me: 

After all the sass I got from Christian ministers, it meant so much. To see what I mean, read http://chellyzlife.blogspot.com/2014/03/something-on-my-mind-lately-that-needs.html

I appreciate it so much. And if you need any prayers yourself, never hesitate to let me know.

Meanwhile, I would appreciate it if you support some of my friends in their endeavors:




Donate and/or share the links.

Until next time, remember: All you need to remember is that God will never let you down, he'll never let you be pushed past your limit, he'll always be there to help you come through it. -1 Corinthians 10:13 ♥

Love Times Infinity,
Chelsea
xoxo
God Bless!

~Just Keep Swimming~






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading/caring!

Ad