Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The Joy in Having an Adventurous Spirit

I've recently discovered a dilemma. You see, I really wanted to go to Tampa Pro this year. Why? Well, Tampa Pro is the best skateboard contest I've ever been to. And I say that completely biased but it really is. The sights, the sounds, the smells. It's a skateboard contest that is a thriving atmosphere for inspiring a literary artist like myself. The actual sound of a skateboard's wheels coasting on concrete or wood is music to my ears. Yet, the dilemma I'm facing is not my passion for attending this year's Tampa Pro, but the fact that I have no adventurous friend who wants to attend with me. 

I don't really know why I thought this year would be any different. Over the past two years, I've cut a lot of people out of my life. Yet, this year, I posted a status on social media asking if anyone wanted to go and shockingly, no one wanted to join me. They either already had plans or they just don't care for skateboarding. 

Now I'm not posting this blog in hopes that someone will volunteer to join me. I am even willing to go alone just because I love being at the Skatepark of Tampa during Tampa Pro weekend. It's so colorful, vibrant, exotic. It feels like my home away from home for me.

I even talked to God about it and when I prayed, "I don't know what to do, Lord." He spoke to me through my daily Bible reading:
And with that simple statement, I've let it go. There's always next year, right? :) Plus, I can still watch it in my pjs from home on StreetLeague.com so it's not the end of the world.

Yet, the reason I share this with all of you today is not because I want you to feel bad for me, or feel obliged to take me to the live event, I share this information because I don't entirely need to go to Tampa Pro to feel that as a writer, I've had my little adventure to experience life in order to write about life more naturally. The point I'm about to make is that life with Jesus is always an adventure.

For example, yesterday was National Pancake Day:

My family and I headed out a little after 11 o'clock to get our free short stack of pancakes from IHOP. Because I had trouble sleeping the night before, my dad offered to buy us a pot of coffee for the table. I thought that was really nice of him considering a pot of coffee at IHOP is now almost $3 a person. 
We walked into IHOP to find a slew of people, both waiting outside the restaurant and within the waiting area. Wearing my pink shorts and an old t-shirt claiming "I brought sexy back," I was struggling to even be awake despite that it was near the middle of the day. Once seated, we enjoyed our pancakes and coffee, and donated to the Children's Miracle Network, and left. I thought we were going to head home after that.  I was in for a big surprise.
  
 Every time I go out with my family, it's "the stops" that stop me from going out with them again. haha. Yesterday was no exception. After IHOP, Dad asked that we make a quick stop within the garden section of K-Mart so we hopped in the car, and headed next door to K-Mart to go look at the flowers. Then, one of Jayde's friends wanted to use her Iphone charger and his phone was about to die while he was busy working, so then there was that stop. Mom then announced we needed to drop some books off at the library and she had to pick up pool chemicals at the pool store. Then, I ended up with another set of books. How does anyone walk into the library or even a bookstore, and not a get a book? :


Before we stopped home and got my sister's charger, we picked up the pool chemicals. While her friend charged his phone, we stopped at the mall so she could get her eyebrows threaded. Then, went back to Steak N' Shake and picked up her charger. 

After all this, we headed home because it was time for lunch.

I asked God for an adventure and he provided one, free of charge. God is so merciful.

This got me thinking, what other adventures would I love to have:

1. I'd love to visit NYC, San Clemente, CA, and Los Angeles for a week at a time.

2. I'd love to just drive and end up sightseeing.

3. I heard there's a cruise that just sails around the world. That sounds interesting. 

4. I want to travel and see every site I studied while minoring in IHT (International Hospitality and Tourism). 

Until next time, remember: To live will be an awfully big adventure. -Peter Pan (J.M. Barrie)

Love Times Infinity,
Chelsea
xoxo
God Bless!
~Just Keep Swimming~



1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you having fun and being more adventurous. :)
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading/caring!

Ad