Wednesday, June 17, 2015

#WriterWednesday: God's grace is Enough

I have to be honest here and say I thought about this blog as I went to sleep last night and now that I've slept on the idea, I know you need this message as much as I do. 

I'm sure if you read my blogs that means that you either are interested in what's going on in my life or you have some type of faith in God. Beyond that, I'm sure you've heard it said in church that God's grace is sufficient. I know I've really been studying grace more lately, and sometimes I still don't understand how God's going to turn my situation around. Let me explain.

Recently, I finally got my degree from Saint Leo (don't worry, I'm working on a video for you) so I'm officially qualified for my field or so I thought. Yet, the problem I'm facing is that no one is hiring me because I only have a year's worth of Public Relations experience. Yesterday, I got two rejection emails:




Normally, I wouldn't even sweat it but there are many reasons why those two emails caused me to feel a lot of discouragement fairly quickly:

1. I've been unemployed for over a year and don't want to do free work anymore...
2. I want to move out of my parent's house and out of state. (The better PR work states are NY and CA, and TX is a runner up).
3. I really wanted either of those positions because you can work from home (I am without proper transportation so working from home suits me best).

Yet, it's apparent that I'm going to have to keep doing internships in order to build up my resume and years of experience in order to have job. It's just hard to find an internship that pays.

Last night, I realized something profound. God may not have given me these jobs to protect me, and because he has something better. I also have to remember that Plan A of my life plan is to be a writer, and I do need to work on my proposal for my memoir. Being a publicist is my Plan B.  Last night, I went to sleep knowing God's grace is enough in this situation

So whatever need you are facing today, whether it be employment, a good break, health restored, a relationship restored, finances, or even just the strength to make it through the season you are in, please hear me when I say, God wants to hear from you about that need, and he wants you to leave it at his feet. After all the battle is not yours, but God's. Do not be afraid. (2 Chronicles 20:15)

I have faith that my time is coming and someone will take a chance on me. 

Until next time, remember: Now I’m turning you over to God, our marvelous God whose gracious Word can make you into what he wants you to be and give you everything you could possibly need in this community of holy friends. -Acts 20:32

Love Times Infinity,
Chelsea
xoxo
God Bless!
~Just Keep Swimming~

2 comments:

  1. Keep up that strong positive attitude you're so famous for. We both know being positive and keeping the faith works! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teddy. When in doubt, it's encouraging friends like you that become the hands of God that carry me forward. :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading/caring!

Ad