Wednesday, June 10, 2015

#WriterWednesday: How To Truly Save Your Soul

James 1:21 says it plainly: (MSG) In simple humility, let our gardner, God, landscape you with the Word, making a salvation-garden of your life.

Another translation says it like this:So get rid of all uncleanness and the rampant outgrowth of wickedness, and in a humble (gentle, modest) spirit receive and welcome the Word which implanted and rooted [in your hearts] contains the power to save your souls. 

What I'm trying to say is that the only thing that can save your soul is not this blog.
It's a start in the right direction but even anything I write doesn't have the power to save your soul.

It's not Google.
It's not E! Entertainment Television.
It's not Keeping Up With The Kardashians.
It's not MTV.
It's not Barack Obama.
It's not whoever gets elected in 2016.
It's not Twitter.
It's not Facebook.
It's not Instagram.


Only God's word implanted in your heart has the power to save your soul.

Recently, Bruce Jenner took to the cover of Vanity Fair to announce that he is now Caitlynn Jenner. I'll admit the picture gave me mixed emotions. He looked so good as a woman. I wanted to be made up and on the cover of Vanity Fair next just so I could look that good but what he's doing is truly not heroic.

Exhibit A:

I'm not trying to hate on Bruce for his idea of happiness in any way. Being transgender is not something I will ever understand personally and I'm ok to live within that bubble of ignorance. 

Until next time, remember: I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers! -Isaiah 65:24

Love Times Infinity,
Chelsea 
xoxo
God Bless!
~Just Keep Swimming~


4 comments:

  1. Beautifully stated by a true disciple of Jesus! One's heart is where the Word needs to live to attain heavenly eternal life for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aunt Vicki. Glad you enjoyed this post. :)

      Delete
  2. The beautiful truth is out. I couldn't agree more.

    But this exhibit A is so wonderful I have to share it on my social media. I don't understand the buzz about Caitlyn Jenner. Like, really? Our world has better things to talk about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found Exhibit A on Facebook haha. Thanks Lux! That's exactly what I was trying to say here. :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading/caring!

Ad