Wednesday, June 3, 2015

#WriterWednesday: Jesus Muzik Worth Blasting! Live Forever and Blanca Album Reviews

I know you are probably are tired of reading reviews on here but I've decided it's time I expand my writing talent to include reviews of good music, books, and movies/ tv shows. I also have been facing a bit of writer's block regarding what to blog about. Yet, I don't want to lose you as my fabulous, beautiful readers who come here for inspiration.

Two new released Christian albums I've fallen in love with lately are Live Forever by Matthew West and Blanca's self-titled debut solo album.

#LiveForeverReview


On April 28, 2015,  Matthew West released Live Forever, his sixth studio album. I'm a huge Matthew West fan and this album doesn't disappoint. My favorites from the album are Day One (about how God's mercy is new every morning so each new day is the first day of your life),  The List (reminds us that love keeps no record of wrong), World Changers (about Jesus followers who shine in this dark, dark world because they have the joy of the Lord), Grace Wins ( I'm living proof that grace wins every time!), Tryin' (how God made us all unique so we shouldn't try to be something that God didn't make us to be), Mended (about how God can take things not seen and make a way where one doesn't appear), Anything is Possible (God is the God of the Impossible), Born For This (Knowing your God-given destiny gives you a zest for life), Oh, Me of Little Faith (for the doubtful moments).

#BlancaReview




On May 4, 2015, Blanca (former member of Group 1 Crew) released her first solo debut with a self-titled album. From the first song until the last, the songs are filled with dance-inducing beats and lyrics filled with inspiration for worship and a life lived in Christ. My favorites from the album are Different Drum (a song I wish existed when I was a kid), Who I Am (about knowing who God says you are and choosing to believe that instead of what people say about), Get Up ft. Lecrae (about not giving up when the going gets tough), Sunshine (about God's love being like sunshine on a cloudy day), Not Backing Down (this would be a perfect workout song), Worry (a Bob Marley style track about trusting God and not worrying), Greater is He (her vocals on this track are unreal; based on 1 John 4:4), Today ( a great song about not wasting time and just trusting that God gives us sufficient grace for each day).

Each album is filled to the brim with musical content that will renew your mind, calm your heart, and steady your feet.

Until next time, remember:
 Turnin' down, tunin' out
Every single word that caused me pain
Unashamed and unafraid
'Cause I believe You mean it when You say
I am strong, beautiful
I am good enough
And I belong after all, 'cause of what You've done
This is real what I feel
No one made it up
I am loved -Blanca, Who I Am

Love Times Infinity,
Chelsea
xoxo
God Bless!
~Just Keep Swimming~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading/caring!

Ad