Friday, October 4, 2013

30 Day Blog Challenge: And Why Are You Still Single?

Happiness is a form of courage...I dare you. Go ahead. Ask me why I'm still single. I'll tell you the ultimate truth. I loved a boy with every last aching beat of my heart and lost. I lost the chance to be with him. I didn't lose him so that's a definite Godsend. Yet, I learned a lot in that seasonal relationship. I learned how to love someone unconditionally. I learned that friendship is sometimes the greatest form of love, and society today doesn't give it enough credit. Without further ado, here are the legitimate reasons why I'm still single (and loving it).

1. I'm a force to be reckoned with.

I've always been the independent type. Mostly because when I was younger I was bullied so I developed trust issues, and learned to lean on myself. Another reason I'm so independent is because that's how I was raised. I was the oldest of three girls. I was an only child for four years of my life (sometimes I wish for those four years back) and then my sisters came along and I had instant friends but as I became an adolescent and then later a teenager, and then now a young adult, my sisters and I grew apart a little. They had to make their own friends, mistakes, and life lessons. So, I stayed home alone with my dog Geniveve from the age of nine until now. (Now I have two more dogs so it's two times more fun). I just liked my own company. I never really understood why I couldn't make friends but now I've realized why. I'm so busy accomplishing my destiny that not everyone in life is along for the ride but some are meant to be toll booths and others are rest areas. They help you find your way if you've lost it and take a breather if you need it but when that season is over, you no longer need them. Thankfully, I've accepted the me that God wants me to be and I cherish every friend I make on this life journey, no matter if their time is short-term or long-term.♥

2. I'm a strong, beautiful, worthy woman of God

God created me to be me, no one else. I'm realizing this truth every day. The beauty in this truth is that I've learned that there is someone God has set on this Earth who is going to value me for exactly who I am. They won't want me to change my faith, my career, or what I look like. They will love the fact that I'm passionate about words and love to write. They will love that I absolutely LOVE Jesus. They will also love that I'm a 5'7" blonde haired, green eyed, Southern girl with Northern roots, who has a great sense of humor and loves to dance ballet to Celine Dion. We may not have everything in common but this man will complement me and make me a better person just by knowing him, and that alone, makes me not want to settle my standards one bit. ♥

3. I'm a focused college senior who's already accomplished so much.
I'm only 22. Yeah, that may seem young to you but girls my age and younger have already had at least one boyfriend in their life. Some girls my age or younger are already married and expecting, or already have a baby or two. I've not had any of those so far. Yet, I know God made everything beautiful in its time and he's the ultimate matchmaker and the Great Author of an everlasting love story so I'm not worried. I'm not going to say every day is peachy, rainbows and sunshine. There are some days I wake up and feel so alone. There are some days I feel as if no one truly sees me. There are some days when I feel as if no one understands me. Then I see the sun shining out my window, a butterfly flutter on my windowsill, an airplane fly in the sky, or even feel the breath in my lungs as I breath in then out and realize I'm never alone. God is right beside me. He's there, he's for me, he cares for me. I'm the apple of his eye. There is nothing that I can't face with him. With him, nothing is impossible.♥

So if you do dare ask me why I'm still single, that is what I would say. Yeah maybe it's not what you were expecting to hear but in life, the unexpected is sometimes the most beautiful lesson yet.

Love Times Infinity,
Chelsea
xoxo
God Bless!

~Just Keep Swimming~

3 comments:

  1. Oh how I love this post!!!!! So encouraging!!

    I'm doing the challenge too! Check out my first post : http://imwinningipromise.blogspot.com/2013/10/thesw30-why-am-i-still-single.html?m=0

    Grace to you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo for taking up the challenge and posting! Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading this. You are absolutely right. Such a beautiful post

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading/caring!

Ad