Saturday, October 5, 2013

Day 2: Describe a Moment or Day when Being Single Really Sucked

Happiness is a form of courage... Everyone tells me I should move on, I'm laying in the ocean, singing your song, ahahahahahah, that's how you sing it. -Lana Del Ray, Dark Paradise

I can tell you one day that sucks to be single is June 26. Back in 2006, I had a dream that I would find the love of my life on June 26 so every year for six years I would anticipate my dream guy ringing my doorbell and asking me to marry him.

Yeah, I know that's a bit rushed but that's what I hoped for. Even when I fell deeply for a guy, I thought I would hear from him on June 26, and each year I would wait, and wait, and wait...only to find that true love's voice was mute.

I finally realized that we can't know exactly what day we are going to meet the love of our lives and my vision was too limited. I had one idea of what my dream guy would look like but maybe God's destined person for me would look completely different. Therefore, I decided this year on June 26 that I wasn't going to sit and cry and listen to sappy love songs while watching romance movies while eating a ton of ice cream was not getting me anywhere. The only way to really live life and experience the things that life brings us is to get out there and really live life.

It's funny because on June 26, 2012 a stray dog actually ran in front of my mom's car and we ended up keeping her. She's a young beagle mix and she's such a joy to be around. I feel like maybe she was the love that God meant for me, and so now I don't anticipate June 26 as much as I celebrate Hazel joining our family and bringing such light into our lives.

God's plans really are greater than mine. His thoughts are really are higher than mine.

Thank you God for all you do in my life. I trust in you!

Love Times Infinity,
Chelsea
xoxo
God Bless!

~Just Keep Swimming~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading/caring!

Ad