Sunday, October 13, 2013

Bringing the Family Back Home: Fall Family Festival♥

Happiness is a form of courage... So, it's been a while since I've actually blogged about anything other than being single but I'm here today to change that. If you like any of the posts I have been doing about the single life, tell your friends about them please. The more people I can inspire the better. ♥

It all started Thursday night when my gay best friend Mike came to spend the weekend at Leo for the Festival. He ended up asking me on Monday if he could spend the weekend in my apartment and of course, I said yes! I figured it would be just like a sleepover with my best girlfriend.

He came and ended up dropping his stuff off at my room, and going out at 9 o'clock with his APO brothers. I was fine with it because I was ready for bed since I got up early, finished a ten page marketing analysis, and had worked a four and a half hour shift at the library. The only problem with Mike going out late was that he came back late and I had to get up at 6:45 to get to work by 7:45 to open the library. So, I didn't end up getting a good night's sleep Thursday night.

Yet, Mike and I woke up at 6:45 on Friday morning. Mike was all bright eyed and bushy tailed and I had bags under my eyes and bloodshot eyes. I assume Mike was just excited to be back at his former home.
I went to work and then took my only midterm at 11:30. More about that here:Lions, Tigers, and Midterms...Oh my!

Mike and I got lunch and then we planned to meet back up at seven for the Volleyball game but I ended up taking a 3 1/2 hour nap and not waking up till close to 7 so I didn't make it to the game. He came back and we chilled in my room for a little while although we weren't really hanging out. Then, we had planned to go to sibling game night which was supposed to be in the Apartment Five lobby. When we got there, there was no one around. The Apartment Five lobby was a ghost town. Apparently, Leo decided to change some of the locations of the events for Fall Family Festival without informing anyone. So, we went back to my room after playing Air Hockey and skeeball, and took some pictures.



Aren't we so cute?

Saturday I awaited the arrival of my mom and sister Jamie. I finally got a text from my sister that read "Here Hoe!" and I was overjoyed. I don't think I've ever rushed downstairs that fast in my life. After feeding them and showing them some Toppy Nikci videos we headed downstairs to take some photos and head over to the student talent show, SLU Idol. Without further ado, here's the photos before the story continues:
 Me and Jamie...my little sis is so beautiful♥



 My mom and I are beyond cute. 

 This is my ride or die. ♥

SLU idol was iight but it wasn't like the best talent show I've seen at Leo. My favorite performance was when Gigi and Adeli who were judges did a cover of Lorde's "Royals." So sick! The most entertaining part of the talent show was when some guy named Bill got up and rapped and was so explicit they literally cut his beat and told him to sit down. It was a little rated R for a PG audience at a Catholic school, Bill.♥

My sister, mom, and I all jammed out during this girl who ended up winning 's performance of Drake's "Hold On, We're Going Home." 

They had to leave early in order to pick up Jayde from work but it was such a lovely visit. Come again soon, family.

After they left, I came back to my room and unpacked my Fall/Winter clothes that my mom had brought me and finished just in time to watch the fireworks out my window. It was awesome!

All in all, it was a great weekend and although it wasn't everything I had expected, I did enjoy getting to see the people that matter the most to me. Although, I can honestly say I'm glad I won't be back for next year's Fall Family Festival.

Until next time remember: You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.-Desmond Tutu♥

Love Times Infinity,
Chelsea
xoxo
God Bless!

~Just Keep Swimming~ 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading/caring!

Ad