Thursday, October 10, 2013

Day 7: Where you are in your life right now vs. where you thought you would be at this point

Happiness is a form of courage...My life right now isn't perfect. Yet, that's the beauty of it all. If you can find contentment in the imperfect, then life isn't as hard as it seems.

Personally, at this point, I would have hoped to have had a boyfriend by now. I mean, what single lady hasn't fantasized about the perfect relationship and probably went even further and had a few guys in mind she'd like to have that perfect relationship with. I mean, there's no denying that I've wanted a relationship so bad in my life that it's all I ate, breathed, thought, and talked about. Yet, you know what I realized. When you want something so bad that you become obsessed with it, that's when God distances that thing from you. Why? Because no PERSON or THING is ever meant to be our main purpose in life. Our main purpose in life is to honor, cherish, and love God and to trust that whatever he has meant for us, he will send our way, and whatever he doesn't have meant for us he will take away. It's all about whether or not that person or thing is MEANT to help us on this journey toward our divine destiny of becoming the person God wants us to be.♥

Therefore, I'm basically ok with that aspect of my life. When the time is right, LOVE will come for me.

Another thing about my life now is that I had wanted to be a successful author by now so I really did not have to finish college. Yet, I see now, why I had to attend college specifically Saint Leo University, why I had to go to college thinking I was going to graduate with an accounting degree, and am now a marketing major. I understand why I must be a marketing major instead of a English major.

1. There was no way my writing when I published my first novel would have lasted in a long-term career simply because now that I've had the chance to study the industry, the craft, and the overall process of writing, I feel as though my writing has matured in a way that will entice more eyes and ears to the subjects that live in my heart, and hopefully will in turn become something that lives on way past my lifetime.♥

2.  I let God lead me to Saint Leo University and I've basically tried and tried to transfer out of here but God has me staying put. If I never would have gone to Saint Leo I may not have made the friends I did or become the person I am today. It really is true. You do love the person you become here.♥

3. The whole career crisis/ major change I've experienced is all really apart of the college experience. There is basically not one person that graduates from college knowing exactly what they want out of a career. If you are one of those blessed people, congrats to you. Yet, I'm glad I've experimented with a few different avenues to find what I'm meant to do because if I never would have taken Principles of Marketing, I never would have realized this was my field, and if I never stuck with marketing, and changed to English, I would have never realized that being a publicist is the perfect career for a writer like me. It's creative and leader-oriented, independent, and exciting. I'm a colorful person and I can't settle for black and white anything. Especially when it comes to my life career.♥


So yeah, my life isn't perfect but it's perfect for me at this point because God has a reason for everything that has happened to me so far in my life and I see a lot of the whys behind those reasons now, and I can honestly say my life story is so beautiful.

If you want a beautiful life story too, you should consider talking to Jesus. He's an expert artist. He can turn your black and white world into a masterpiece if you let him. All you have to do is ask him into your heart. Yet, more importantly, life isn't what it seems. It's really all about how you look at it and your attitude towards it that makes the ultimate difference.

Love Times Infinity,
Chelsea
xoxo
God Bless!
~Just Keep Swimming~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading/caring!

Ad