Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Day 27: Talk about something that you really, really, really love about yourself.

Happiness is a form of courage...I'm going to be honest here and say, when I first seen this as the prompt for today's blog post...I really didn't know what I was going to write about.

Honestly, there is nothing that I really, really, really love about me. Yeah, I think I'm a good person with a lot to offer the world but I don't really have anything that I want to brag about.

The reason for that is because of how I'm feeling right now as I write this. I'm feeling pretty low right now because of what I just found out this morning.

Normally, I shy away from Facebook creeping but today my curiosity got the best of me and yes, curiosity really does kill the cat. I found out that two girls that were fake friends of mine in high school, both of whom, were both mentally and physically grotesque in terms of appearance and personality, have found true love.

One has a boyfriend. And the other is married.

Now, I'm not frowning on the idea of getting married young because there are some people I knew in high school who are married now, and anyone could have seen it coming.

Yet, it's these two girls finding boyfriends/ and or husbands that irks me mostly because they aren't nice. And me, well, I consider myself to be one of the nicest girls any girl or guy will ever meet and I'm still single.

What has the world come to?

So, I got to thinking after I teared up for a good ten minutes, that I think what I really, really, really love about myself is the fact that I never give up.

Yeah, I'm single and a relationship virgin but that doesn't make me any less attractive or lovable.

It just means that God is still needing me to be single to finish a few things for him first before I ride off into the sunset with my prince charming. For instance, I know I'm meant to graduate from college first before I find love. I believe I'm supposed to finish writing and publish One Last Breath before I find love, and I think I'm supposed to buy my own car and my own house before I find love.

So, as you can see, I have a lot of unfinished business left to handle before I invite someone into my life.
This is why I'm open to idea of just being friends with guys because right now, the only one I want to answer to is God and myself.

I'm just a 22 year old girl on a mission to change the world before I ever let love change my life again.

And who knows, maybe after being so busy with all these things, I may even realize I'm ok with not riding off into the sunset with any man and just being happy with getting a tan.

     Until then, this is my confession regarding any loneliness that tries to creep into my mind and make me doubt God's great plan for my life: So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and in his good time he will honor you. Give all your worries and cares to God for he cares about what happens to you.-1 Peter 5: 6-7, NLT

Love Times Infinity,
Chelsea
xoxo
God Bless!

~Just Keep Swimming~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading/caring!

Ad